Monday 12 March 2012

I caved..

I promised some friends that I wouldn't go to kierrätyskeskus for at least a month, 
since I have enough stuff lying around, waiting for me to do something to them. 
But... as I went for a long walk on the sea ice last week, my way home took me past the forbidden land. And needless to say, I entered...
A quick visit to the free shit section and I left with a few treasures: a school book on flowers and an atlas, both from the 50's. Check these babies out!

Here's the book on plants:
 This one goes out to my sister: PO-TA-TOES (taters)

This caption made me lol: komea mänty = handsome pine
It is indeed very handsome.

There was a piece of paper tucked in at the back... oooh, what can it be...
 A super awesome, mint-condition poster on edible and poisonous mushrooms!! 
Can't wait to frame this. Maybe I'll give it to my mummy, she likes mushrooms. That sounded weird.

A couple of pages were in colour! 
I imagine well-behaved children looking at these photos and imagining all the wonderful 
things that live in our oceans and wanting to become a zoologist or something ocean-related.

An interesting diagram about American corn...

I do love diagrams.

And here's some photos of my lovely 'new' atlas:
 They really liked putting all the place names on these maps... my goodness.

Fancy pancy font.

Kuhmo!


Mmm, old books...

No comments:

Post a Comment